Friday, July 22, 2016

Trump - The lesser of two evils

Fred was surprised when I told him that I would vote for Donald Trump. As Ted Cruz said yesterday, all voters should vote their conscience. Well my conscience wouldn't let me vote for Hillary Clinton. Besides all of Clinton's scary shenanigans, she is horrendously pro-abortion.

Even though we know there are Canadian MPs who are pro-life, they are scared to death of saying or doing anything public about it. If they do they are shouted down and vilified. Both by other MPs and by the pro-abortions. Our Conservative party has gone from being pro-life to being pro-silent to being...pro-choice? I don't know, but their silence is deafening.

Not in the US. Republicans put their pro-life views into their policy paper: That the unborn child has a "fundamental right to life"; that it should be a crime to sell fetal tissue; that they are against assisted suicide and euthanasia; that they support assisting women who face unplanned pregnancies; that they support a Born-Alive Infant Protection Act; that they support Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Acts; that they are against sex-selection abortions and abortions based on disabilities; that they oppose embryonic stem cell research.

Republicans are not afraid to say they are pro-life. They are not afraid to act pro-life. And good grief, there are even pro-life Democrats down there. I'm pretty sure the Liberals and NDP are bereft of any pro-life MPs, at least any that will speak out that they are. Cowards? Or afraid?
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; do not be alarmed, for I am your God. I give you strength, truly I help you, truly I hold you firm with my saving right hand." Isaiah 41:10
Isaiah where are you when we need you?

And where does our fear/cowardice of saying we are pro-life get us? Absolutely nowhere. We have a 100% pro-abortion legal system, all paid for by the tax-payer. That's where not speaking out gets us. The US has all kinds of abortion restrictions. Tons of them. They are not afraid.

Plus, Donald Trump's running mate Mike Pence is unequivocally pro-life.

Yes. If I were American, I would have to vote for Donald Trump.

2 comments:

  1. Just got this comment from Jennifer:

    Agree 100%, especially about the Conservative party we are left with here in Canada. Both the Liberals and NDP don't even deserve mention in any conversation that has to do with protecting the unborn. I too would vote for Donald Trump if I lived in the US. It is truly shameful that a supposedly civilized society, like we have in Canada provides no protection for a human being that is growing and developing in its mother womb. We need brave men and women who serve in our governments to be as vocal and to enact laws as we see south of the Canadian border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary has to lose. That is all.

    ReplyDelete