Thursday, April 2, 2015

Christine Elliott: hiding abortion information not on agenda

I've received repeated emails from Christine Elliott in her bid for the Conservative leadership. 

I've repeatedly responded to her, asking her what she would do to repeal the Liberals decision to hide abortion statistics.

Finally, I responded to one of her emails with this:
Dear Christine, 
I don't think you are listening. You aren't doing or saying anything about the Liberals hiding abortion information. And you don't reply to my emails about it. Nope. You're not listening. You're ignoring. You're sticking your head in the sand. Wait until the Liberals decide to hide something that you do care about. Because it will happen. Will you listen then? 
Sincerely,
Patricia Maloney
Here is Christine's response to me:
Dear Pat, 
Thanks for taking the time to write. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you and appreciate your patience. 
I am running to be our next Leader so we can rebuild the Ontario PC Party, and so we can rebuild our province. 
I want to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.  At this time however, this is not an issue that is on my agenda for this particular leadership campaign, but I appreciate your input. I encourage you to contact the Office of the Leader of the Opposition, at the conclusion of this campaign, to further discuss this issue. 
With the right Leader and the right team, I know we can build a better future for our province and our children. 
I am ready to lead. I am ready to win. 
Sincerely,
Christine Elliott
There you have it. This affront to our democratic rights, just isn't on Christine Elliott's agenda.

3 comments:

  1. I wrote to Christine Elliot about the same issue of abortion stats being concealed from the public. I also asked if she would consider de funding abortion so that scarce health care dollars could be spent on genuine 'health care needs.' She replied that the concerns I raised "have been settled by the courts" and therefore implied that these matters are not on her agenda. Sound familiar? I responded with facts to dispute her opinion. http://www.morgentalerdecision.ca/public-funding-of-abortion/ That was three weeks ago. I had a call from one of her supporters last evening to ask if I would be supporting Christine. My answer was to say NO, I would not be supporting Christine Elliot because she is either badly misinformed or she intentionally lied to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't even bother with the PC's. They don't want to deal with our issues? Screw 'em. Let 'em sit in opposition for another 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we don't bother with the PC's we permit the Liberals to drive the province into more deeply seated trouble. Like Edmond Burke said, 'evil can only continue when good men do nothing.' Doing nothing is contributing to the problem. We have to at least try to enact change. Christine Elliot is not the only candidate.

      Delete